Thursday, January 24, 2008

Just for Today, January 25

Let Thy name be praised, not mine, let Thy work pe extolled, not mine; let Thy holy name be blessed; but to me let nothing be attributed of the praises of men.
Thou art my glory; Thou art the joy of my heart. In Thee will I glory and rejoice all the day; but for myself I will glory in nothing but in my infirmities (II Cor. xii, 5).
-Bk. III, ch. xl.
________________

Someone had said to her: "You are a Saint!"

"No, I am not a saint, nor have my deeds ever been those of a saint. I am a very little soul whom God has overwhelmed with graces. In Heaven you will see that I am speaking the truth."
-Novissima Verba
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: