Thursday, July 03, 2008

Just for Today, July 4

The other is that of the divine law, containing holy doctrine, teaching the right faith, and firmly leading even within the veil, where is the Holy of holies. Thanks be to Thee, O Lord Jesus, Light of eternal Light, for the table of holy doctrine which Thou hast afforded us by the ministry of Thy servants, the pro­phets, and apostles, and other teachers.

-Bk. IV, ch. xi.
_____________

I feel that I am about to begin my mission to make others love God as I have loved Him, and of teaching souls my little way. If my desire is granted, I shall spend my Heaven until the last day doing good upon earth. This cannot be impossible, for the angels enjoy the beatific vision and yet watch over us. I cannot rest as long as there are souls to save, but at the end of the world when the Angel will proclaim that Time shall be no longer (Apoc. x, 6), then I shall rest and be happy, for the number of the elect will be made up, and all will have entered into joy and peace. My soul exults at the thought.

-Novissima Verba.
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: