Saturday, July 05, 2008

Just for Today, July 6

Oh, how good a thing and how peaceable it is to be silent of others, nor to believe all that is said, nor easily to report what one has heard!
-Bk. III, ch. xlv.
______________

The first infirmarian, a senior nun, had through forgetfulness neglected a duty. As this might have had serious consequences for the patient, the Prioress asked for an explanation: "I was obliged to tell our Mother the whole truth," said the Saint, "but it came into my mind to word the explanation more charitably than I had at first thought of doing. I followed the inspiration, and God rewarded me with deep interior peace."
-Novissima Verba.
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: