Sunday, July 16, 2006

Mental Prayer for July 17 -The God-Man

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: Lord, let me see in you a man who is God.

Mental Picture: A day spent with Jesus, the young carpenter from Nazareth... on the road with Him, the strong tireless teacher... yet I see something more. He says that He will judge and reward men on the last day... He forgives sin in His own name... He changes the great law given to Moses and tells people to turn their cheek when offended... He raises the dead... heals the blind and the lame. He is a man, but no mere man could do all these things. He is more than human... He is God... He and the eternal Father in heaven are one. Great as is my admiration for Christ as a man, much more do I admire and believe in Him because He is the God-Man.

My Personal Application: Do I rightly look on Christ as my leader and model in my daily effort to live a full and upright human life? But does my vision stop there at His humanity? Should it not pierce through to see with the eyes of faith his divinity also? Is Jesus my Lord and my God?

I Speak to Christ: I believe, Lord; help me to scatter my unbelief. I have consecrated myself to you, and in doing this I acknowledge my faith in your divinity as well as your humanity. No one less than God is worthy of my full dedication, and to you I again dedicate and consecrate myself.

Thought for Today: I believe, Lord; help my unbelief.
___________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: