Friday, July 21, 2006

Mental Prayer for July 22 - Who Thirst for Justice

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: To have this thirst for your justice, Lord.

The Idea: "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after justice, for they shall be satisfied." Re-read this beatitude, substituting "holiness" or "goodness" in place of "justice." That will help you better to see Christ's meaning. If you're hungering and thirsting after something, you're not merely casually interested in that object. You eagerly search for it; you're obsessed with the idea of it. A glutton constantly thinks of food. The athlete is incessantly occupied with the game. Christ promises joy (even on earth) to the sort of person who has his or her heart set on fire with the desire for personal holiness through the love of God and neighbor.

My Personal Application: This beatitude points to a lively Christianity. It urges an interest in living. How happy is the Christian who has responded to the calling of the Holy Spirit, to a life of accom­plishment for Christ. If teaching is my choice of vocation, let me hunger and thirst to bring my pupils a real character training. Shall I be an actor? Then I can strive to bring people healthy entertainment. A writer must eagerly search out truth and pass it on to people. If politics is my field, then I shall give all my effort to learn how to govern and how to protect.

I Speak to Christ: I know, Lord, that it is only the man or woman who gives himself wholeheartedly to his work for you and your kingdom who will ever really find satisfaction on this earth. Aid me to make my life a holy and useful one.

Thought for Today: "Where your treasure is, there is your heart also."
___________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: