Thursday, May 08, 2008

Just for Today, May 9

Unless I put myself in this disposition, to be willing to be despised and forsaken by all creatures, and to be esteemed nothing at all, I cannot arrive at inward peace and strength, nor be spiritually enlightened, nor fully united to Thee.

-Bk. III, ch. xli.
__________________

I said to her: If you continue to live for some time, no one will be able to understand your illness. She answered gaily: "What will that matter? Everyone is free to despise me; that is what I have always wanted, and now at the end of my life I shall see my desire fulfilled!"

-Novissima Verba
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: