Thursday, May 08, 2008

What's Your Moral I. Q.? Love of thy Neighbor

Allow ten points for each question. One hundred per cent means that you are a moral theologian; 90, you know the law; 80, you are about average; 70, you'd better join a study club.
___________________

1. What is love of our neighbor?

2. Must we include Osama Bin Laden and other notorius people in our love of our neighbor?

3. Mary wishes John to become very sick in order that he may return to the Sacraments. Does Mary love John?

4. Is it sinful to avoid meeting our personal enemy in order not to become angry with him?

5. Wealthy Nellie carelessly destroys Jack's $20,000 convertible roadster, and she asks Jack's forgiveness. Would Jack fail in charity if he forgave her and sued her for damages?

6. I know that Fred is in mortal sin and in danger of death. I am the only one who can get him to go to confession. Am I bound to help him?

7. Alex, washed overboard in a storm in the North Atlantic, is drowning. Am I
bound to go in affer him to save him?

8. Am I bound to help my neighbor in ordinary need?

9. Are we obliged to love some of our neighbors more than others?

10. Am I ever allowed to hate anyone?
_________________________

Answers tomorrow...

Adapted from The Queen's Work Magazine, May 1946

No comments: