Monday, June 12, 2006

Mental Prayer for June 12 - The Real Presence

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: O my God, increase my faith.

The Idea:In the front lines a fierce battle was raging. Time and time again the hill was charged only to be defended strongly. The men were growing weary and dejected. Suddenly word was passed around that the commanding officer was in the front lines. Knowing that he was willing to share their dangers, the men renewed their efforts. With an almost unbelievable surge of spirit the objective was taken.

We are fighting a battle now. The objective is heaven and the possession of God. The enemy is satan. Our strength lies in staying close to our leader, Christ. Christ, knowing of our battle, decided to stay with us always. Because of His tremendous love for each of us He is really present in our tabernacles, on our altars at every Mass, and in our hearts after every Communion.

My Personal Application: Do I really think of Christ as a strong and powerful leader? Do I feel that Christ is really close to me, with all His Heart wanting me to be victorious? Do I ask His help in the fight? Do I give Him the opportunity of being with me in Communion? He won't force Himself on me; He waits for me to invite Him. He is always ready to strengthen me in my daily trials, eager to give me His peace and power, His gladness and comfort.

I Speak to Christ: My Lord, I do believe that you are really present in the Blessed Sacrament. I believe that I can do everything with your help. Help me to grow in greater confidence in you. Help me to rely on you. And today may at least one more person come to realize what it really means to have you present here with us.

Thought for Today: "He who comes to me shall not hunger, and he who believes in me shall never thirst."
___________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: