Saturday, June 17, 2006

Mental Prayer for June 18 - The Sacred Heart

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: To show my devotion to the Sacred Heart by dedication and reparation.

The Idea: See a sister, St. Margaret Mary, kneel­ing in prayer... Suddenly Christ appears... brilliant with glory... His five wounds shine... flames radiate from his visible Heart... His Sacred Heart... He gives a special message for all of us: "The ingratitude of men... this is much more painful to me than all my passion. If men gave me some return of love, I would wish, if it could be, to suffer it over again, but they meet my eager love with coldness and indifference."

My Personal Application: This love of Christ is shown in the Blessed Sacrament. In return, where can I more give myself to Him, offer Him reparation, gain strength to bring His life and His love to other men? How often have I made Com­munion of reparation (for example, on First Fridays)? How often, when Christ is with me, have I asked Him to help my work of bringing others to union with Him and with each other?

I Speak to Christ: O Jesus, through the Immac­ulate Heart of Mary, I offer you my prayers, works, joys, and sufferings of this day, for all the intentions of your Sacred Heart, in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world, in reparation for my sins and offenses, and in particular for the intentions of our Holy Father, the Pope.

Thought for Today: "For all the intentions of your Sacred Heart."
___________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: