Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Ministry of Irritation?

Over the millennia, Christendom has had popes and priests, deacons and disciples, presbyters and prophets. Now it has a Minister of Irritation, too.

Technically, Janice Sevre-Duszynska is co-chair of the Ministry of Irritation of the Women's Ordination Conference - a group that supports female priests in the Catholic Church.

The 56-year-old woman, whose actions have frequently captured headlines, doesn't like to be referred to as a protester. "It's prophetic obedience," she said. For church leaders, Sevre-Duszynska has been a thorn-in-the-side for years.
Say what? "Prophetic obedience"? To whom? None other than satan himself...We all know of those who think they are following God's call in matters of this nature. But then, people like this fail to grasp the fact that God cannot be, as these people would have us believe, schizophrenic. Many of these people are so out of touch with reality - they are in need of much help and prayer.

She interrupted the ordination of a Lexington, Ky., priest in 1998, trying unsuccessfully to persuade then-Bishop J. Kendrick Williams to ordain her. Two years later in Washington, posing as a journalist, she crashed a meeting of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops and demanded that the church's American hierarchy "bring justice for women in the church."
Off her meds, no doubt...

I think I might send in a request to the liturgy 'nazi' who runs a certain parish to see if that parish might consider a "Misistry of Irritation"...It could serve as an irritant for those who engage in all sorts of novelties and abuses...I'm certain, as a member of the ministry, one might "irritate" the hell out of the "Ministry of Dance Prayer" - the group intent on disrupting Mass and making a spectacle of themselves...

Sevre-Duszynska, a lifelong Catholic, says she felt called to the priesthood when she was a girl growing up in Milwaukee. "I used to make believe I was a priest, celebrating the Mass, blessing the people and giving the homily," she said. "I knew the altar boy's prayers. I had learned them in Latin. I'm called by the Holy Spirit to present myself for ordination."

"I am all of the oppressed women of the Bible. I am Sarah, I am Hannah, I am Elizabeth, I am the woman who touched the hem of Jesus' garment, I am the woman who anointed his head with oil."
Sounds more like an escapee from the local asylum...

"To me, to be a priest means to live your life on the edge," she said. "To me, that's where the Holy Spirit is doing her dance."

Here we go...The Holy Spirit is doing "her" dance...I just saw this after I had posted on the "Ministry of Danced Prayer"....ergo, having such an extraordinary gift of vision and prophecy, it's obvious that some god must be calling me for great things....Perhaps, I am being called to be the world's first male mother...?

No comments: