Friday, June 16, 2006

Mental Prayer for June 17- Anima Christi (II)

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: To depend on Christ crucified.

Soul of Christ, sanctify me. Body of Christ, save me. Blood of Christ, inebriate me. Water from the side of Christ, wash me. Passion of Christ, strengthen me. O Good Jesus, hear me.

Within thy wounds, hide me: To know Christ... a lifetime job... to get into Christ... maybe I can do this through your wounds... your suffering... my suffering. Little sufferings now... bigger suffer­ings later... but with you.

Permit me not to be separated from you: A lamp without a plug?... a car and no gas?.. I without you?

From the malicious enemy, defend me: I don't see him, hear him... I forget him, the Devil. You have so often set him back on his heels... keep him from me.

In the hour of my death, call me: The most im­portant hour... pain?...easily?...quickly?...it will surely come.

And bid me come to thee: Hear your invitation... to follow you... the hour closest to you... my best hour.

That with thy saints I may praise thee: Then my prayer will be better... with my patron saint, with St. Joseph, with Mary... with truly great people, your friends, the saints.

Forever and ever. Amen. Joy... peace... total happiness... without end. I shall know it is with­out end... possible only through you, my Savior.

Thought for Today: "Permit me not to be separat­ed from you."
___________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: