Thursday, June 15, 2006

Mental Prayer for June 16 - Anima Christi

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: Lord, that you in Communion may make me holy.

Soul of Christ, sanctify me: What is my soul? It knows things... wants things... grows... lives forever. Soul of Christ, teach mine to know right things... desire good things... grow in your grace... live forever with you.

Body of Christ, save me: Once your body suffered so I might be saved. The merits of your suffering body... may they win my salvation. May I join your risen body in heaven.

Blood of Christ, inebriate me: Blood spilled for me ...flow to every vein of my body. Give me courage from your heart... when sin is easy... when the right thing is hard.

Water from the side of Christ, wash me: My soul needs washing... refreshment... water is always used for this. Water from Christ... pure... cool... plentiful... wash and refresh my soul.

Passion of Christ, strengthen me: There are times when the books are hard... I tell somebody off... bad companions... others laugh at, ignore me... purity is tough. Help me recall that things were harder for you. At those times may your passion strengthen me for battle at your side.

O good Jesus, hear me: This prayer... each phrase a request... hear it now... from me.

Within thy wounds hide me. Permit me not to be separated from thee. From the malicious enemy, defend me. In the hour of my death call me. And bid me come to thee, that with thy saints I may praise thee, forever and ever. Amen.

Thought for Today: "Soul of Christ, sanctify me."
___________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: